Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nuit Blanche - Zone C Rules

Okay, so Zone C was all I really checked out, but whatever, it rules. And yes, I am biased in many ways, but I was pretty taken with Dave's curating.


Matthew Suib's Purified By Fire was so good - strangely subtle and also spectacular.

I got to Jon Sasaki's I Promise It Will Always Be This Way pretty early, and was very impressed with the mascots' dancing...one very ambitious mascot even did multiple cartwheels in a row. I'm curious to know when they'll burn out. (Though clearly they lasted longer than me as I'm back home now while they're still out there kicking it.)

And I really loved Yoko Ono's Imagine Peace. I often shy away from art that requires participation, but I got a button, wrote a wish, and hung it on a tree very happily. So nice.

No comments: