Thursday, November 15, 2007

MBV Live

To follow-up the announcement of a new album by My Bloody Valentine (supposedly due out this year, meaning very soon) All Tomorrow's Parties announced three concerts by the reunited band, in June and July of next year.

I saw them play at the Opera House fifteen years ago and it remains one of my favorite concerts, ever. The show closer consisted of (what felt like) thirty minutes of white noise - the drummer playing 16th notes on the cymbals to create a percussive wash, and the guitarists hammering away at the same chord. It was incredible. The show was also so oversold that at one point I looked down and realized that my feet weren't touching the ground. I was being held in place, upright, by crowd around me.

1 comment:

Westcoast Walker said...

I was there too! That was a great concert, one of my top ten as well.