Sunday, September 30, 2007

Another Radiohead Hoax?


Last week a site called RadioheadLP7.com posted cryptic coded messages about the forthcoming Radiohead album, but the band quickly announced that the site was not sanctioned. Today Billboard magazine reported that the band's new record, titled "In Rainbows", will be available on October 10th as a deluxe vinyl and CD set, or as digital download. And apparently fans will determine how much they pay for the download. "It's up to you" a disclaimer on the site reads.

There were tell-tale signs that last week's posting was not legitimate (including a font and design similar to that of their 2000 release "Kid A") but this site (while a bit clunky, and why not buy directly from radiohead.com?) is linked to directly from the band's site. It is also set-up to take your credit card number, so if it's not legitimate it moves from net hoax to web fraud.

Radiohead's contract with EMI expired in 2005 and they have not renewed, making them one of the biggest unsigned bands working. It has long been suggested that musicians at this stage in their career wouldn't require a major label but few suspected a business model that so completely departs from the existing one (iTunes and most major labels are regularly battling it out for pricing control: iTunes maintains that all songs should be 99 cents and the labels want the ability to charge more for hit songs and also to bundle tracks together as digital albums and EPs).

But perhaps it's not the huge gamble it appears to be. With the music industry relying less on album sales and more on concert ticket sales (Forbes reported yesterday that the Stones earned 88 million touring last year) and Radiohead shows selling out in seconds, this model could prove lucrative for the group.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]lady russia Anna[/url][/b]
At [b]Present[/b] ,many [i]women[/i] from [url=http://pz5.ru/index.php] Russia [/url] are looking for love.Anna is are blond girl looking to have a good time.Check out [b]Anna[/b] [b][url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]profile[/url][/b] for [i]pictures[/i] and more....
[url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]register[/url]
[url=http://pz5.ru/index.php]красивые волосы[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I already want to bring all the benefits of me :) So, I want to share my experience with you..
9 days ago, accidentally, i had found the Mobile Phone TV...and I was so delighted with this application
that I decided to talk to you :)

I consider myself a bit of a road warrior. I am on and off jets and through airports at least twice,
usually 4 times a week. I can catch up on news, watch a Discovery program, check up on the stock market or just find something interesting.
The live guide works like cable at home and the connection speed is very good. All in ALL - I RATE A 5 Star program!

but I do not want to leave any links here, so you can email me fairyalexiss@gmail.com
and i will give you the site of this unusual program :)

(but please don't PM me, because it's so difficult to communicate in such kind of way)

so, I hope I was helpful to you)) see you in next posts ..

sincerely
your Alexis....

p.s. English is not my native language, so sorry for any mistakes :)

Anonymous said...

mss3g4bz

nvecbnq6

f39s020t9d

dpcip0uh

qsizlmy0

Anonymous said...

df1ohoyy

shkqmkxl

f39s020t9d

rkoow70l

chtvwugv

Anonymous said...

ijtpyosi

g3un8tdu

f54yewr4t536

zew1itjx

n9pzwumc

Anonymous said...

h5vqr7o7

coikcrrp

f54yewr4t536

zl4imjez

glp5gkmz